Digital Strategy, Email & CRM Marketing
P&G focuses on brand re-positioning and building customer relationships for their beauty CRM program, Rouge
P&G’s beauty CRM program, Rouge, lacked a clear road map on how to harness its hundreds of thousands of beauty enthusiasts.
Whilst Rouge offers women unique beauty care secrets from industry insiders, and acts as the central hub for P&G product brand database activity, the CRM program did not deliver a value exchange and was disjointed throughout its use of owned and earned digital channels.
Permission was appointed to work with key stakeholders across the business to develop a logical and unifying digital strategy that not only delivered a market positioning, but also an engagement framework to build a stronger online community of like-minded beauty enthusiasts. The objectives included:
- Define and build awareness of the Rouge program and it’s associated core benefits
- Scale the database of engaged beauty enthusiasts
- Grow share of market readership and product trial
Three key barriers and insights were unearthed from quantitative and qualitative customer analysis:
- Program lacked empathy and trust
- Content was plain and product centric
- Consumers face hair, skin and make-up product and regime uncertainty
In order to create a trusted, more inspiring and confident platform, a new positioning was developed to focus on how beauty enthusiasts could get the beauty look that suited them. Summed up as ‘Beauty for You.’
A clear positioning helped identify core consumer profiles and beauty need states to then deliver more relevant, targeted and meaningful content.
The strategy was based on building conversation and engagement around industry insider beauty tips, trends and ‘how to’ knowledge, which would lead to e-store sales.
Develop the Digital BluePrint to define What, Who, Where and How to target the program.
Merge three of P&G’s most recognised beauty product databases to create an integrated and consistent beauty approach to the marketplace.
Build a customer-centric, content calendar of activity based on the key beauty releases and trend cycles throughout the year.
Maximise SEO to ensure Rouge owns the ‘beauty how to’ position within search engines.
Tailor and deliver relevant content based on the new segmentation model – using brand and product ambassadors, a new trial team and exclusive experiential Masterclasses, including:
- Welcome to Rouge email series
- Monthly Newsletter with segmented content
- Seasonal Newsletter for the latest trends and how to achieve them ‘for you’
- Trial Team program for user generated content and community inspiration
- Exclusive Masterclasses with pre, at and post event social media activation
- The Digital BluePrint plan was approved to guide all ongoing activity
- A new reporting dashboard was created for measurement and more meaningful reporting
- Quarterly benchmarking is being conducted to optimise the program within the marketing framework
- 120% increase in monthly newsletter CTR