In 2009, Permission helped Ingham start on the path to building closer consumer connections with a digital relationship marketing program. By 2011, Ingham were looking to take their Database Acquisition activity to the next level.
In today’s highly-competitive, supermarket-controlled
shopping environment, brand manufacturers are
constantly looking for a competitive advantage.
In 2009, Permission helped Ingham start on the
path to building closer consumer connections
with a digital relationship marketing program.
By 2011, Ingham were looking to take their
Database Acquisition activity to the next level.
- Acquire new prospects and consumers to the Ingham databases — the world of chicken and turkey
- Meaningful engagement with Australian families in response to submitting their personal details
- Mealtimes are breaking down
- Food and dietary requirements are becoming more complex
- It is becoming harder to satisfy all members of a household
- Ingham cooks up an engaging acquisition platform for Australian families
- Create an independent, user generated content (UGC) and social media platform of tips and hints to unearth mealtime success stories
- Leverage technology to build deeper engagement — add tips, vote, make comments and then share back into social networks such as Facebook & Twitter
- UGC platform was created and branded ‘Epicook’ with Ingham Chicken & Turkey advertising banners at epicook.com.au
- We incorporated ambassador tips from head chefs, restaurateurs, food critics and top food bloggers such as Dr Joanna McMillan, Rob Rubis, and Dominique Rizzo from Ready Steady Cook
- Participants were given the chance to win different prizes and access deeper layers of information depending on their level of interaction within the site, including:
- $12,000 worth of prizes offered as instant wins upon registration or for voting
- $4,000 worth of gift vouchers for monthly winners – judged to have the best tips
- An extensive acquisition plan was implemented to launch the site including:
- Search engine advertising
- Online advertising
- Affiliate cost-per-lead email program
- Partnership marketing with third parties (including: Gourmet Garden, King of Knives and World Kitchen)
- PR & Blogger outreach program
- Social word-of-mouth
- Over 38,000 people joined Epicook with a 45% site conversion rate
- On average, visitors spent 3m 58s on the site
- High level of repeat site usage, at 39%
- Cost-per-aquisition as low as $2