Database Acquisition & Cross-Channel Activation
Sidchrome drives new levels of online engagement to stimulate sales
Sidchrome is an iconic brand and market share leader in the retail auto and industrial tool market. Sales were being impacted by lower cost manufacturers and direct to market models.
Permission was appointed to rapidly grow the Sidchrome database and develop a stronger relationship with retail and trade customers.
The company objectives were to:
- Acquire 25,000 new prospects and customers to the Sidchrome database
- Drive new levels of brand engagement
- Stimulate repeat purchase demand
- The male dominant target market of car enthusiasts and mechanics (qualified, apprentice and students) are inspired by motoring legends and are time poor
- Simple and straight forward communication has greatest appeal
- New tool purchases are only thought about at key moments
Create an integrated, multi-channel acquisition program around drag car racing legend, Victor Bray; Team Bray Racing; and The Hell Team
Created money-can’t-buy acquisition platform and promotion: www.truckloadsoftools.com.au.
Integrated social media channels to create word of mouth groundswell — YouTube Channel, Facebook, key bloggers, mobile.
Create a regular monthly email newsletter — Tool Talk — to deepen the brand relationship and keep Sidchrome top-of-mind.
Developed a series of live and engaging education events at TAFEs to stimulate product trial.
Selected a VIP panel of Advocates to test new products and deliver feedback to the business.
- Acquired 32,530 members to the database (130% to target)
- High impact with 71% website conversion to registration
- Cost-per-aquisition as low as $1.59
- Annual sales & loyalty benchmarking currently in market