Triggered & Automated Messaging, Lifecycle Marketing
RentSmart increases engagement through more targeted lifecycle communications
RentSmart provides consumers and businesses with a smarter option to rent the latest technology. Research revealed that customers regarded RentSmart as a faceless financial organisation.
Permission was appointed to develop an automated lifecycle communications program to change perception to that of a customer-centric, services company.
A cost-effective, trigger based, email relationship marketing program was chosen to help unlock the power of permission as customers move through key lifecycle stages.
The company objectives were to:
- Improve customer satisfaction and loyalty, with the aim of increasing the number of repeat rental applications
- Increase sales by getting customers to take out multiple contracts
- Improve advocacy through a more engaged member experience
- Consumers are interested in better ways of accessing the latest technology
- Renting is a smarter, simpler, and more affordable way to immediately get access to technology products
- RentSmart was seen as a functional financial offering with communication only at sign-up and contract end
- Consumers are unaware of many of the key benefits at critical stages throughout a rental period
Create a series of over 20 communications with more relevant spend stimulation offers and content specific to each significant lifecycle stage
Leverage technology to deliver automated messaging at appropriate points in the lifecycle
Conduct in-depth stakeholder interviews to create a clear scope of work
Conduct data analysis and research into customer behaviour
Conduct strategic planning workshop to create the relationship marketing plan. BluePrint guided the initial set up of all email messaging
Integrated Permission’s proprietary message engine platform with SilverPop’s email marketing software and the RentSmart database
Create a series of automated email and SMS communications to stimulate repurchase, reminders for product usage, and measure post-service satisfaction
- Currently the high benchmark achieved for open rates is 67% and click through rate is 50%
- Quarterly results analysis and annual benchmarking is being conducted to optimise the program within the marketing framework