Website Design & Development
Launching New Holland’s Parts & Services website has built a platform for the brand, dealerships and farmers to gain value and leverage moving into the future
New Holland needed to clearly communicate its product parts and services offering to customers in a quickly developing digital market where competition is making in-roads.
A new Parts & Service website was required that could engage all types of farmers across Australia, with content relevant to different generations and/or farm type. It needed to be quickly and easily accessible, provide easy navigation and a direct route to their local dealer.
- Customers are investigating their options for new machinery and validating their purchase decisions using the Internet rather than more traditional mediums.
- As younger generations of farmers become stronger influencers in the purchase decision, there is less brand loyalty, and an increased need for New Holland to fight for its territory in the marketplace.
- New Holland needed to convey an image of modernity and of being at the forefront of farming in order to differentiate from competition.
Strategy & Solution
While remaining on brand and modern, the website needed to be an easy UX (User Experience) for the target market, many of which were not very computer literate. The website needed to clearly direct farmers to the product they were looking for, learn about it, and direct them to their local dealer.
Ensuring that dealerships remained at the centre of the New Holland business model and were a farmer’s first point of contact, was a strategic priority. To achieve this Permission developed an explainer video targeting dealerships that explained how the website could help them grow their revenue. It encouraged them to use the site as a promotional tool and to keep their individual dealer catalogues updated.
The launch of the Parts and Service website has foundations which will enable New Holland to collect valuable data about their customers. This will allow the brand to build effective customer lifecycle communications in the future, engaging farmers with content relevant to them and their farm.
On the surface, the strategic design and development work has delivered New Holland a functional Parts & Service website.
On a deeper level, the website offers broader capabilities including:
- Communication of brand specific product deals and offers.
- Sharing of industry and seasonal information and tips.
- Opportunity for dealerships to leverage and increase revenue through marketing and promotion to local farmers.
- Ability to collect customer data as a foundation for New Holland to build their database, develop customer insights and tailor content in the future.