Social Media Engagement, User-Generated Content
Ingham cooks up an engaging acquisition platform for Australian families
In today’s highly-competitive, supermarket-controlled shopping environment, brand manufacturers are constantly looking for a competitive advantage.
In 2009, Permission helped Ingham start on the path to building closer consumer connections with a digital relationship marketing program.
By 2011, Ingham were looking to take their Database Acquisition activity to the next level.
The company objectives were to:
- Acquire new prospects and consumers to the Ingham databases — the world of chicken and turkey
- Meaningful engagement with Australian families in response to submitting their personal details
- Mealtimes are breaking down
- Food and dietary requirements are becoming more complex
- It is becoming harder to satisfy all members of a household
Create an independent, user generated content (UGC) and social media platform of tips and hints to unearth mealtime success stories.
Leverage technology to build deeper engagement — add tips, vote, make comments and then share back into social networks such as Facebook & Twitter.
UGC platform was created and branded ‘Epicook’ with Ingham Chicken & Turkey advertising banners at epicook.com.au.
We incorporated ambassador tips from head chefs, restaurateurs, food critics and top food bloggers such as Dr Joanna McMillan, Rob Rubis, and Dominique Rizzo from Ready Steady Cook.
Participants were given the chance to win different prizes and access deeper layers of information depending on their level of interaction within the site, including:
- $12,000 worth of prizes offered as instant wins upon registration or for voting
- $4,000 worth of gift vouchers for monthly winners – judged to have the best tips
An extensive acquisition plan was implemented to launch the site including:
- Search engine advertising
- Online advertising
- Affiliate cost-per-lead email program
- Partnership marketing with third parties (including: Gourmet Garden, King of Knives and World Kitchen)
- PR & Blogger outreach program
- Social word-of-mouth
- Over 38,000 people joined Epicook with a 45% site conversion rate
- On average, visitors spent 3m 58s on the site
- High level of repeat site usage, at 39%
- Cost-per-aquisition as low as $2