Digital Relationship Marketing
Huggies cultivates brand engagement through targeted lifecycle communications
In a highly competitive and above all emotive category, Huggies needed to find a way of connecting with consumers in a customised, relevant, and timely manner in order to foster brand loyalty.
Digital relationship marketing was chosen for its rich data mining capabilities, ease of implementation and cost-effectiveness.
The company objectives were to:
- Build brand engagement and loyalty in a highly competitive, emotional category
- Maximize the duration of the relationship with Huggies.
- Understand and meet the information needs of consumers by leveraging technology to create more personalised relationships
- Increase consumer satisfaction and influence purchase behaviour.
- Provide value to consumers visiting and registering on the Huggies websites.
- The target market of pregnant women and mothers are content hungry but time-poor.
- Relevant and targeted information creates a valuable sense of trust and increased brand advocacy.
Create two online membership clubs, targeted specifically at mums to be (Mum To Be Club) and current parents (Baby Club)
Create a series of over 20 communications with content specific to each significant life-cycle stage.
Leverage technology to create a series of rules to account for duplicate records, twins, recently mailed addresses etc.
Custom-build an automated messaging system to send messages to database members at appropriate points in their life cycles.
- Year on year metrics show that club members remained engaged throughout the lifecycle of communications.
- Members show a propensity to recommend membership of the database, despite being unprompted.
- High member engagement has lead to these communications being used as successful test environments for new product launches and information gathering.